Breach of Contract
Nashville Breach of Contract Attorneys
Helping Clients Enforce Contract Terms
Our lawyers at Lackey | McDonald, PLLC know that disputes occur all the time in the business world. Whether the dispute is caused by project delays or problems with funding, we are here to help business owners in Nashville take legal action if they need to resolve a contract dispute. If you are dealing with a contract dispute that is seriously impacting your business operation, then you need to consult with our attorneys to discuss all of your options under the law.
What Is Considered a Breach of Contract?
When two parties enter into a business contract, both agree to certain obligations when they sign the document. If one of the parties fails to fulfill the terms and requirements of the agreement, then the contract has been breached.
Examples of breach of contract include:
- Failure to perform services within the agreed-upon timeframe
- Failure to perform service as described in the contract
- Failure to pay the amount agreed upon
- Interfering with one party’s ability to fulfill the terms of the contract
How Do I Prove a Breach of Contract?
In order to successfully prove that a contract has been breached by another party, you need to prove the following:
- The written agreement is valid and includes essential components like an offer, acceptance, and mutual consent of all the involved parties.
- The exact ways the defendant breached to terms of the contract
- The exact ways the plaintiff upheld their terms of the agreement
- That the plaintiff provided adequate notice to the defendant regarding the breach of contract
Common causes of contract disputes include:
- Mistakes and errors in the terms of the contract
- Fraud or coercion
- Disagreements about the meaning or definition of technical terms
- Issues drafting and reviewing the contract
Contract Dispute Services in Nashville
Effectively disputing a contract that you have entered into requires the help of a skilled legal professional. If you find yourself in a situation where one party suddenly doesn’t agree to the terms of a contract, then you need to speak to our lawyers at Lackey | McDonald, PLLC to find out how to recover damages you are entitled to.