Old Hickory Family Law Attorneys
Old Hickory Family Law Attorneys
Serving Local Communities Since 1936
Family disputes can surface any time based on various factors, such as those concerning:
These often lead to divorce and all of its attendant issues, from child custody and visitation to child support, alimony, and the division of marital property and debt. Some of these issues can also arise in a post-divorce situation such as when custody and visitation schedules are violated, one parent wants to relocate with a child, or when child support falls into arrears. Such matters can be contentious and fraught with emotional turmoil for both parties which can have negative effects on everyone concerned.
How Lackey | McDonald, PLLC Can Help With Your Family Law Case
At Lackey | McDonald, PLLC, we are deeply familiar with all of the complex legal issues that fall under the category of family law. We are also well-versed in Tennessee law and court procedure regarding these issues. Since our inception in 1936, we have represented thousands of individuals in all types and variations of family issues, from the simple to the most complex. Our priority is to help you navigate your family law matter as smoothly as possible. Our Old Hickory family lawyers can provide you with seasoned counsel and advocacy both at the negotiation table and in the courtroom. We want to help reduce your stress, raise your confidence, and ensure that your best interests are served throughout the legal process.
Facing a divorce or other family law issue in or around Old Hickory? Get a free consultation with one of our attorneys by calling us at (615) 392-4916 or sending us a message through our contact form.
Family Law Cases We Handle
We handle all issues pertaining to family law, such as the following:
- Divorce, whether uncontested or contested involving litigation in court. We can help you negotiate a fair Marital Dissolution Agreement or prepare and present your case to a family court judge using all of the skills and knowledge we have gained over many decades.
- The division of marital assets and debts, including complex cases involving high net worth or high assets, pension plans, insurance policies, family businesses, or professional practices as well as hidden asset cases.
- Child custody and visitation (also known as parenting plans), in which we will fight for your parental rights and the best interests of your children.
- Child support, to ensure that your child receives the financial support to which he or she is entitled under the law.
- Alimony, which can be a complex issue that courts will decide based on various factors they review.
- Paternity which can have a substantial impact on child support obligations as well as custody and visitation rights.
- Restraining orders, also known as protection orders, designed to stop family and/or domestic assault, stalking, or harassment.
- Modifications of court orders for individuals whose circumstances have substantially changed; this includes seeking changes to child custody and visitation orders, child support orders, and alimony orders.
- Prenuptial agreements designed to outline how assets and financial matters should be handled in the event of divorce or the death of one of the spouses.
At our firm, we understand that you have many choices when it comes to choosing an attorney. It is vital to remember, however, that your choice of a family lawyer can have a serious impact on how well your case is handled and its final outcome. Family law cases are not only complex legally but also emotionally as they create tension, confusion, and uncertainty for all participants. A highly-emotional state can lead to a negative outcome if you inadvertently make mistakes in your actions as well as poor decisions concerning the proceedings.
Our firm of skilled attorneys wants to ensure that emotional behavior and cloudy thinking does not jeopardize your best interests. We provide straightforward counsel designed to help you make the best decisions about how you want to address and resolve your issues. No matter where you stand on the complexity scale of divorce or other issues, the decisions that are made can deeply impact your life for years to come. That is why you need legal representation that is based on successful and proven results, extensive experience, and commitment to you. That is what you will find at Lackey | McDonald, PLLC as we guide you through the process while providing the support you need during this critical time.
Talk to a lawyer about your family law case. Call us at (615) 392-4916 to get started today.